8 TRAFOS + Accessories
Haydarpasa/Turkey to Jazan/Jeddah
THE TOTAL VOLUME OF CARGO:
MAIN OVERSIZE & HEAVY CARGO:
DIMENSION – (LxWxH) 11.4 x 5.6 x 4.7 M
1x300MT Transformer for Qurrayah Combine Cycle Power Plant, Saudi Arabia. Replacement of Transformers
2x296MT + 2x276MT + 2x 246MT + 2x214MT Transformers are for JIGCC Power Block Project, Jezan, Saudi Arabia
2x296MT + 3x76MT + 3x62MT transformers for JIGCC Power Block Project, Jezan, Saudi Arabia
THE TOTAL WEIGHT:
SCOPE OF WORK:
Door to Port from supplier’s premises to Jezan
- The original plan was to move all the 8 Transformers via road from the supplier’s premises to Haydarpasa port.
- Out of the Super heavy transformers, 2 units were (293 MT) having width of 5.450.
- Just two days prior the vessel arrival at port, the road transport authority had done some changes in the access roads due to construction and road transportation seems impossible.
Due to the sudden changes done by RTA, the super heavy units with 5.6mtr was not able to transport via road. Hence INSTAR had arranged timely action by moving the Transformers from Gebze to Tuzla Jetty and onward barging from Tuzla Jetty to Hyderpasa port under hook.INSTAR successfully managed to arrange all Transformers well in time, which require highly technical and safety measures to be implements prior the execution considering the arrival of the vessel at port for loading.
- INSTAR arrange the transformers to Tuzla and barge it from Tuzla to Haydarpasa port.
- 24.06.2016 - 1x293 MT has been mobilized at Tuzla and was waiting for the permission. It requires 4 hours sailing but due to the late hours, the loading on to the barge had to postpone to the next day.
- 25.06.2016 - 1x214 Ton arrived at Port. So, 2x214ton + 90 boxes at port. The carrier started loading at 8am and the first unit offloaded at 10.50 and the second one completed at 1200hours. They continued the loading of the boxes with their gears. The loading of Tuzla started around 10.30am but delayed since the RORO operation was challenging due to the ballasting and deballasting of the barges. Finished around 4.45pm and sailed. The barge arrived at Haydarpasa port around 12.50AM and berthed.
- 26.06.2016 - 2x246MT arrived at Port in the morning hours. Continued with another 40 boxes of accessories. The loading on to the vessel was so crazy as they had taken 6 hours to load 11 boxes even. Which is all our advantages too since we had to bring the other units as well. The discharging/RORO operation started at 11am but again the operation finished around 1600hours and the 300ton was under hook at 14.30hrs. The carrier started the lifting operation and the unit lifted around 18.30hours. The barge sailed back to Tuzla.
- 27.06.2016 The barge was at Tuzla and the loading of the 2nd unit transformer started and the loading done well and sailed to Haydarpasa. At the same time, we had transported 1x201transformer to the port with the remaining accessories. Carrier continued loading the remaining 2x246ton on to the vessel.
- 28.06.2016 Discharged the 2x293MT unit from the barge and was along side the vessel in the PM hours.
INSTAR managed to arrange all Transformers well in time, which require highly technical and safety measures to be implements prior the execution considering the arrival of the vessel at port for loading.